WordPress is a highly effective tool for both blog and site management. I have built an extremely versatile theme (more like a framework) for WordPress. This site is built on that theme. In fact, all the WordPress sites on my Website Design page are built on the same base theme.
I have also developed a number of WordPress plugins that perform all sorts of simple to complex tasks. One in particular is quite an advanced and useful plugin I call _bd_ Blocks.
- Allows a user to build blocks of code (plain text, HTML, PHP, etc) and place them in site content or widgets (or elsewhere) using shortcodes
- Can be configured to be displayed in tables, lists, tabs, slideshow, etc.
- Allows execution of PHP securely instead of arbitrarily executing PHP directly in site content
- Update any block and the content is updated throughout the site
- Allows individual customization with user templates or functions